T Belt time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Belt time

I've reached the 100k mark and have seen the light!
    I'm ok with mechanics and can suss out the marks on the pulleys etc. but is there anything specific I need to know about the surf and would buying a Haynes help with 'what bits to take out first' type of stuff?

Also I have another question, my just imported 2.4 has an mph speedo (the miles really are miles and not kilometers) would the SVA people have changed it? If so, maybe they should have set it at 60k.
    ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

It's easy to change the timing belt. I'll drop you a Pm with instructions in the next couple of days.

The speedo face is changed when the car is imported. therefore the tech records klicks.
    ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasurf
      It's easy to change the timing belt. I'll drop you a Pm with instructions in the next couple of days.

The speedo face is changed when the car is imported. therefore the tech records klicks.
      changing the timing belt is easy on your 3.0 but it is nothing like changing the belt on a 2.4, which is a bit more complicated
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
        I've reached the 100k mark and have seen the light!
        I'm ok with mechanics and can suss out the marks on the pulleys etc. but is there anything specific I need to know about the surf and would buying a Haynes help with 'what bits to take out first' type of stuff?

Also I have another question, my just imported 2.4 has an mph speedo (the miles really are miles and not kilometers) would the SVA people have changed it? If so, maybe they should have set it at 60k.
        your vehicle being over 10 years old does not need an sva, the speedo must have been changed by the person you bought it from
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          changing the timing belt is easy on your 3.0 but it is nothing like changing the belt on a 2.4, which is a bit more complicated

Yes your right should of checked the profile first
          ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

The speedo thing is confusing me, if just the face was changed it would be recording K's but the mileage is quite accurate and in miles (38 miles from Basildon Essex to Tolworth SW London, spot on!), also I doubt the dealer I bought it from would have changed the clock but I'll phone him anyway, and the Surf was SVA'd at Charlesworths - Donnington racetrack, apparently. Weird.

Anyway, I spose the belt is just the normal front panel off and rad out job yes?
            Last edited by Woodie; 31 December 2003, 18:00.

Comment

The speedo thing is confusing me, if just the face was changed it would be recording K's but the mileage is quite accurate and in miles (38 miles from Basildon Essex to Tolworth SW London, spot on!), also I doubt the dealer I bought it from would have changed the clock but I'll phone him anyway, and the Surf was SVA'd at Charlesworths - Donnington racetrack, apparently. Weird.
              there is an auction there at donnington, that will be where its come from, so it might not have just been imported, it could have had a previous owner
              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                there is an auction there at donnington, that will be where its come from, so it might not have just been imported, it could have had a previous owner
                Understood m8, but the vehicle was'nt registered until I bought it, I only received the logbook this morning and the only previous keeper is Charlesworth (SVA) Ltd. and it says :
                Acquired vehicle on 01 12 2003
                1. Imported vehicle - was registered/used overseas. Declared manufactured 1991.

I thought that the Surf had only just come into the country but of course I could be wrong, but to be honest dont I care anyway chaps, I like it! Whats a bit of mechanic'ing on a 12 year old motor that draws looks all over? No-problemo

Now, back to the TBelt

Comment

Anyway, I spose the belt is just the normal front panel off and rad out job yes?

You can do the belt without taking the rad out, its a bit more of a squeeze to get to the bolts etc but possible.

I doubt your dash fascia has been changed at all, more possibly like the little convertor that fits to the gearbox that converts the reading to MPH and the trip to miles.
                  Does the speedo go up to 180 (which was KPH) if so its the original and the convertor has been fitted.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

'Does the speedo go up to 180 '
                    No Koi, it only goes to 160.

Comment

'Does the speedo go up to 180 '
                      No Koi, it only goes to 160.

Yes sorry 160, just checked mine.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Working...
                      X