Clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking noise

My 95 3litre surf has developed a clicking noise from the driver side front wheel. Almost sounds like a ratchet noise. On a recent MOT the examiner commented on it but could not see any fault or play in the bearing so let it go through, any ideas??

Originally posted by dogz
    My 95 3litre surf has developed a clicking noise from the driver side front wheel. Almost sounds like a ratchet noise. On a recent MOT the examiner commented on it but could not see any fault or play in the bearing so let it go through, any ideas??
    It's not anything like a stone in the tyre. Alternative could be a wheel bearing starting to break down (might not show any play), a CV joint breaking down (again not neccessarily any play).

To be honest the best way is to jack up the car and try and listen to where the noise is coming from to get a better idea of what it is.

Cheers

Comment

clicking

does it make the clicking when in a straight line or on lock round a corner
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Makes the same noise all the time straight or corners, even jacked up with weight off, sounds like its in the joint but thought it would have some play in that case.
        Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X