yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a litlle bump 'n' grind (without the bump)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a litlle bump 'n' grind (without the bump)

I'm back again with my grind noise from the front right wheel, I've taken the wheel off, taken the pads out - loads left on them - put the pads back and looked to see if there was anything obvious but no joy!
    The noise kicks in between 20-30 mph and goes when I get faster than that or go round a left hand bend, it makes the floor vibrate slightly and goes up in pitch and volume if I engage 4x4. Am I correct in thinking this sounds expensive/terminal!!!!

Originally posted by 37monkey
    I'm back again with my grind noise from the front right wheel, I've taken the wheel off, taken the pads out - loads left on them - put the pads back and looked to see if there was anything obvious but no joy!
    The noise kicks in between 20-30 mph and goes when I get faster than that or go round a left hand bend, it makes the floor vibrate slightly and goes up in pitch and volume if I engage 4x4. Am I correct in thinking this sounds expensive/terminal!!!!
    check that your cv boots are intact and havnt chucked grease out!!

also check your bearings!!
    Last edited by slim; 22 April 2006, 09:30.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

You need the check the wheel bearings and CV joints.

If you want to isolate the CV's take the drive plates off from the hub and drive it around and see if the noise is still there.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X