Self service raw materials required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self service raw materials required

Happy as I was to have found oil and filter for my Surf I proceeded to remove side panel under wheel arch to access the old filter. Of course, an import, different size! My question, in brief is where can I obtain some good oil, filters for oil, fuel and air from? No worries buying online so anyone have any recommendations? My version is a 1993 (K) 2.4 EFI TD. Original head after 80,000 miles. Suggest perspex bonnet and drive with it open, makes great cool air scoop... Joking, please don't try that - the police get pretty p****d if you do! Thanx

Originally posted by deejay
    Happy as I was to have found oil and filter for my Surf I proceeded to remove side panel under wheel arch to access the old filter. Of course, an import, different size! My question, in brief is where can I obtain some good oil, filters for oil, fuel and air from? No worries buying online so anyone have any recommendations? My version is a 1993 (K) 2.4 EFI TD. Original head after 80,000 miles. Suggest perspex bonnet and drive with it open, makes great cool air scoop... Joking, please don't try that - the police get pretty p****d if you do! Thanx
    http://www.toyotahilux.com/ or www.milneroffroad.com
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by deejay
      I proceeded to remove side panel under wheel arch to access the old filter.
      Eh? Didn't spot this when I did mine...
      Would have made it a bit easier...
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
        Eh? Didn't spot this when I did mine...
        Would have made it a bit easier...
        That's coz your's is a 3.0 and a 3rd Gen, two reasons you won't have it
        On these its nicely accessable from the top anyway, whilst on the 2.4 its much lower down the side of the engine.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

That would explain why I couldn't see it, then...

Thanks Morr
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
          X