You want HOW MUCH?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want HOW MUCH?????

Found out what's up with my sunroof - the plastic worm-drive-sliders have stripped their teeth, so I need 2 new ones.

However, the Toyota main stealer wants £80 for a new cable + the plastic runner, for EACH SIDE!!!!

It's a 1m metal cable, a flat metal bracket and a piece of plastic about 1 inch square. £80!!!!!!!!!
    Presumably it's made from titanium or carbon-fibre and forged by God himself. Either that or it comes with a free Surf attached.

On top of that they counldn't be sure it was the right piece to fit a Surf anyway. What a surprise.

Anyone know where I can buy this little plastic wormdrive thingy? It's all I need, the cables are fine.

thanks
    James

Have a look in sc rap yards for vehicles with electric or wind back sunroofs, gotta be a universal mechanism methinks!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Have a look in sc rap yards for vehicles with electric or wind back sunroofs, gotta be a universal mechanism methinks!
      Probably find it's the same as a Toyota Corolla sunroof or something- a lot of Corolla bits 'n bobs (e.g. window motors) like this are also on Surfs.

Comment

Working...
      X