Leaking Heater Matrix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Heater Matrix.

I own a 2.4 Surf (93) a couple of months ago the footwells filled with water. Basically something gone amiss with the heater. Bypassed it temporarily. Now the weathers warming up thought I would fix it!, but does anyone know how to get to it. I have removed the glove box, and cannot undo and slide out the heater box to the side, as the manual suggests, as there are to other big lumps of stuff stuck in the way. I've undone all the bolts I can see, but still the two 'lumps' won't come out, they appear interlocked.

Has anyone taken their heater matrix out, can they give me any advice?

Much appreciated.

not wishing to put you off but the whole dash has to come out, middle, both sides, top, the lot.
    i gave tonyN a hand do mine and he managed to do it without taking the aircon off. you have to take the boxes apart before you can pull the matrix.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Yeah that's about the only way to do it. Don't waste time trying to find an easy way because there isn't. This is probably one of the first parts to be fitted to the vehicle and that means it's about the last part that comes out. My heater is ok but I had to take all the air con, vents, blower etc out of mine and even that is a big job.

Nev

Comment

Spanners away!

Thanks for that guys. Guess I'll put the spanners away for now and get on with the decorating. Have another go before winter....perhaps.

Comment

Working...
        X