How do I fit fuel filter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fit fuel filter??

I am hoping that all of you tecchy types are sat at home today with bu**er all to do except read through this site.

I bought the Milners service pack. Fitted the air filter and transformed the engine, will fit the oil filter tomorrow, and also need to fit the fuel filter.

I have never done one of these before in my life and don't want to cock it up. Is anyone able to describe (in words of one syllable) how to successfully change the filter?

I have plenty of tools etc, it's just the process that I am concerned about.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

Cheers

Rob G

disconnect the water sensor wire at the bottom of the filter, remove filter by unscrewing (you may find it is veeeeery tight, if so use an oil filter wrench, do not pierce or damage the filter unless you are sure you will be able to remove and replace it), once removed, empty the diesel into a suitable container, unscrew the water trap, refit the water trap to the new filter, fill the new filter with diesel, lubricate the new rubber seal with diesel, refit filter hand tight only, prime filter using black push button on top of filter housing until resistance is felt, (some people have experienced problems priming i.e. no resistance is felt, and engine will be difficult to start, if this happens, have someone turn the engine over while the pump is being primed), let engine run for a while, check for leaks, voila.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Cheers!

Thanks a million, that's just what I needed.

Merry Christmas

Rob G

Comment

Rob. Like Stara says they can be verrrry tight. Mine needed some persuasion with a hammer and screwdriver. I just banged a dent in the upper rim, with the driver at 90 deg and changed to 45 deg to tap it round.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X