rear wheel alignment, 2" lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wheel alignment, 2" lift

ive just fitted 2" lift springs to the back of my 1990 surf 2.4 td, which was more like 4" due to the old springs being a bit tired i think. anyhow, ive since noticed my offside wheel sticks out about an inch or more further than the nearside. is this what the panhard rod bracket is for which ive read about in other posts? it may well have been like that already, but ive only just noticed it when i was reversing into my garage. if it is, could somebody kindly point me in the direction of somewhere i can get one from. thanks

Yes, that IS what the panhard rod drop bracket is for. They are available, from Pro-Comp, I believe.

I thought I was going to need one after I fitted my new rear springs, from Roughtrax, but after a few hundred miles, I looked at it again, and the new springs had 'bedded in', settled down, and I no longer needed a drop bracket.

If I was you, I'd wait for a bit to let them settle before worrying about it..
    It just does, OK?

Comment

thanks very much for your speedy reply ive done around 40 miles so far, with no difference. ill be travelling 650 miles tomorrow, will be keeping an eye on my mirror all day lol. maybe i should be more concerned about whether my brand new cylinder head is up to the job than what the springs are doing. that reminds me, must sign up to the aa!

Comment

Working...
      X