Want to fit a CB radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to fit a CB radio

Wicked site. Right then. I want to fit a CB radio into my 96 30td SSRX. I am going to run the power from the Ci lighter in the front, does anyone know where the best place to put the arial is?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

a lot of people fix the aerial to their spare wheel carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      a lot of people fix the aerial to their spare wheel carrier.
      People like us.........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

And me!

i'm going to move mine to the nudgebar tho. It'll double up as a height gauge for the height limits on the greenlanes round here.
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Or if you're called Gav it just goes on the roof! And I always try and attach myself to trees with it
          Debs

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            People like us.........

Hey Tony ,,nothing to do with arials, but just noticed your wheels on that photo are the same as mine,, do you know if /or where I could get hold of any wheel centres, pref chrome???????
            Cheers,
            Martin

over the hills and far away

Comment

im thinking of taking mine off cos i like the look of the wheels being deeper... might sell them
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                im thinking of taking mine off cos i like the look of the wheels being deeper... might sell them
                Sounds good to me ,what sort of price would you be looking for?
                Martin
                over the hills and far away

Comment

On the areial question where do you fit it if you have the underslung rear wheel?
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Magmount?

Comment

Ok, how about without it getting nicked.
                      I've currently got mine fitted using a boot mount kit on the bonnet, but am not happpy with the reception. I'm toying with either using a mirrot mount on the front A bar, or a side body mount on the front bumper. I've tested both wiht the multimeter and both positions have a much lower resistence than the current mounting, which I have already added an earthing strap to try to improve reception.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I guess that C.B overe there is similar to here. i.e HF ours is 26MgHz Aus is 27 MgHz.
                        I have mine on the front nudge bar with a separate earth wire to the batt to reduce interference.
                        BTW on the other side of the nudge bar is the antenna for the Multi channel reciever ( scanner ) I also have a UHF antenna on the front wing opposite to the normal car radio one.
                        Yep thats four sticks up front in total !!!!!
                        The highest (scanner) is just above my roof rack so I get prior warning of impacts.
                        Simon.O.
                        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Any chance of a photo?
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Another good place to mount an antenna is where the silly little parking mirror goes. Get a good 3/8 thread antenna base with a heavy duty shock spring as most CB aerials have a 3/8 thread. You can unscrew the aerial and put it safely inside tha truck when parked up. There are some aerials that use a bayonet connector on the base which makes them quicker take on and off but they are more expensive.

I won't use mag mounts anymore after passing an Italian registered lorry with a flailing tie rope which whipped one of my aerials off. The mount badly scratched the roof and there was a shower of sparks off the motorway as it was dragged along the road by its coax cable.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                              I won't use mag mounts anymore after passing an Italian registered lorry with a flailing tie rope which whipped one of my aerials off. The mount badly scratched the roof and there was a shower of sparks off the motorway as it was dragged along the road by its coax cable.
                              Thats bad luck, my mag mount is keeping the cam followers in the right order off an old engine thats being rebuilt.
                              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X