Starting problems again when hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problems again when hot

I have a 91 2.4lt T/D surf.. Agian i have problems starting when engine is hot, recently have had fuel pump reconditioned, fuel injectors checked, glow plugs are good, replaced fuel & air filters, It start first go when cold, but when it's hot, it takes a while to turn over with a bit of smoke. Local mechanic not sure as he thought fuel pump should have fixed problem, although it need attention anyway...
    Any idea's would be helpful, as i'm stumped...
    Thanks...

Originally posted by micki_j
    I have a 91 2.4lt T/D surf.. Agian i have problems starting when engine is hot, recently have had fuel pump reconditioned, fuel injectors checked, glow plugs are good, replaced fuel & air filters, It start first go when cold, but when it's hot, it takes a while to turn over with a bit of smoke. Local mechanic not sure as he thought fuel pump should have fixed problem, although it need attention anyway...
    Thanks...

its a long shot but you may have a wire to the starter breaking down as they tend to do that once warm!! i have had this on my works vehicle and took some time to start when hot only....
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

I'd get a compression test done, you may have some engine wear issues that show up then the engine is warm and loose.

Also check all the vacuum lines for spilts and looseness.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        its a long shot but you may have a wire to the starter breaking down as they tend to do that once warm!! i have had this on my works vehicle and took some time to start when hot only....

Hi, The starter turns ok, it's like theres no fuel going in. When it starts, just a minimal amount of smoke..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          I'd get a compression test done, you may have some engine wear issues that show up then the engine is warm and loose.

Also check all the vacuum lines for spilts and looseness.

Hi, I've had the compression done and it was good, although it does sound like a vacumn hose is off or split as you can hear a slight blowing or sucking noise from inside the cabin, not sure where to start looking, just have to find the time to check it out..

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by micki_j
            Thanks...
            Hi
            Mine was like that but i also had fault code 12, my problem was the filtter in the fuel tank just needed a clean.
            steve

Comment

Working...
            X