Toyota wheels 2nd gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota wheels 2nd gen

Just bought a second 2nd gen 94 3.0 surf.
    My existing surf has genuine Toyota rims, 15x7JJ -8
    My new Surf has wider rims also genuine Toyota, 15 x 7JJ -20
    Both Surfs are 94 3.0td
    The wide rims look much better.
    Just wondering about the rims were they an optional extra in japan and how common are the wider rims on owners 2nd gen.

ive got the wider set and I dont like the skinny set at all compared to them have got a -20 spare going have you? you can have a -8 in return!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      ive got the wider set and I dont like the skinny set at all compared to them have got a -20 spare going have you? you can have a -8 in return!
      I don,t think they are wider, just a bigger offset, anyway I agree the -8 look s--- compared to the -20.
      My spare is also a -20 i have 5 spare -8 so no swap.
      I would like to strip and polish these wheels, i made aluminium center caps for my -8 so i may do the same with the -20.
      I tried to upload a picture but got (file to big). If I find out how i will post a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by patzx12
        Just bought a second 2nd gen 94 3.0 surf.
        My existing surf has genuine Toyota rims, 15x7JJ -8
        My new Surf has wider rims also genuine Toyota, 15 x 7JJ -20
        Both Surfs are 94 3.0td
        The wide rims look much better.
        Just wondering about the rims were they an optional extra in japan and how common are the wider rims on owners 2nd gen.

i have -20 fitted to my 92 2.4
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

-8 is the factory width IFS Surf alloy, -20ish is what Pickup or Landcruisers have from the factory.

-8 offset alloys are hard to get over here as most wheels are sold for Hilux pickups which have narrower axles than the Surf, so need bigger offset to get the same track width. Anyway. like you say, -20mm or bigger fills the wheel arches nicely, while still letting you run standard size tyres.

Anything other than -8mm offset will have been fitted by a previous owner.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X