Custom exhausts, any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom exhausts, any tips?

Thinking of having a double ended jobby, now i recall making it come out direct;y behind rear wheels as being cunning so as not to get squished should offroading be seeked. Anything else i should consider &/or avoid?
    Guna go for a big ass staright thru kinda thing probably ment to go to local powerflow place to see what they'd quote me but cant decide quite what i want so that wouldn't really help lol
    Ta
    Si
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/scooby_si/Scooby_siSig.jpg[/IMG]

Originally posted by scooby_si
    Thinking of having a double ended jobby, now i recall making it come out direct;y behind rear wheels as being cunning so as not to get squished should offroading be seeked. Anything else i should consider &/or avoid?
    Guna go for a big ass staright thru kinda thing probably ment to go to local powerflow place to see what they'd quote me but cant decide quite what i want so that wouldn't really help lol
    Ta
    Si
    Powerflow(leeds) quoted me £220 +vat (£260 total) for 2.5" dia straight through system coming out behind n/s rear wheel that included fitting.
    Mine is a 2.4 auto.Hope this helps. ALZ

Comment

3" from the bottom of the turbo to the flexi pipe... 2 1/2" from the flexi to the rear of the vehicle... Exit to your own taste... this is what all the aussies recommend. Its what I did with a small silencer after the flexi... sound quite nice, and the turbo spools up nicely.

Comment

cheers, any pix to wet my appetitite?
        Ta
        Si
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/scooby_si/Scooby_siSig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

hers my 2.4 behind the wheel and my 3.0 at the back
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Koi; 11 February 2006, 09:23.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ
            Powerflow(leeds) quoted me £220 +vat (£260 total) for 2.5" dia straight through system coming out behind n/s rear wheel that included fitting.

sure thats right cause thats a great price, i was quoted £ 611.00 + VAT FROM POWERFLOW IN ROTHERHAM
            CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              sure thats right cause thats a great price, i was quoted £ 611.00 + VAT FROM POWERFLOW IN ROTHERHAM
              My powerflow unit was about £300 (inc VAT) from AB Motorsport in Leamington.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                My powerflow unit was about £300 (inc VAT) from AB Motorsport in Leamington.

is that complete system or just back section????
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Re

Mine was £350.00 including vat!

See here:

STAINLESS STEEL PIPES

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ
                    Had it fitted today at Leeds 13th Feb Please note it was from down pipe back
                    included new flexi , through box and piping coming out behind rear wheel,also
                    it is 57mm dia not 2.5 ins.Wow, very happy with it.They can produce a 3" down pipe to mate up.I personally am happy with my set up.

Comment

Originally posted by ALZ
                      Had it fitted today at Leeds 13th Feb Please note it was from down pipe back
                      included new flexi , through box and piping coming out behind rear wheel,also
                      it is 57mm dia not 2.5 ins.Wow, very happy with it.They can produce a 3" down pipe to mate up.I personally am happy with my set up.
                      have just had 3in from turbo to flexipipe to 2.5in, great bark when floored
                      mine was £500 ALL IN.

Comment

Originally posted by Nkerridge
                        have just had 3in from turbo to flexipipe to 2.5in, great bark when floored
                        mine was £500 ALL IN.
                        Ok Iam sold 3" going to do it,wonder how much extra HP we will gain ????.I noticed a big gain in acceleration . Might have a look at a K*N air filter next.
                        ALZ

Comment

Working...
                        X