won't go up or down!(rear window)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't go up or down!(rear window)

can anyone confirm i am right in thinking my rear window is its way out.
    it started getting slower opening and closeing then last week it just gave up and refused to open altogether,tried with key and from button but all i was getting was a clicking coming from behind the carpet cover.
    tried it today and it seems to be working again,not sure how long for..
    any ideas???
    cheers dan

quite a newbie here so not sure we had the same probs,
    but if yours is not a mechanical/grinding fault, perhaps a look at the electrical control in the n/s rear wing by the cubby box.

Just bought from Maplins the replacement relays which they keep on the shelf
    incidenally,
    theyr'e not very large by the way

JM67X
    is the part number, and their pennies to buy,
    just need to substitute the damaged ones installed at presesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown.harrison@gmail.c
      quite a newbie here so not sure we had the same probs,
      but if yours is not a mechanical/grinding fault, perhaps a look at the electrical control in the n/s rear wing by the cubby box.

Just bought from Maplins the replacement relays which they keep on the shelf
      incidenally,
      theyr'e not very large by the way

JM67X
      is the part number, and their pennies to buy,
      just need to substitute the damaged ones installed at presesnt.

hi mate,thanks for that.
      are they hidden somewhere in the back as i don't seem to have any in my cubby box,on the inside of the near side rear wing?as far i know anyway!! could you email a picture of where yours were, that might me find them???

Comment

If the window was getting progressively slower, then there was a 'clicking' sound, then the motor drive is worn. Spray some rubber lubricant in the runners where the glass touches to take the strain off the motor,.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          If the window was getting progressively slower, then there was a 'clicking' sound, then the motor drive is worn. Spray some rubber lubricant in the runners where the glass touches to take the strain off the motor,.

cheers bushwhacker, did that this afternoon with the old trusty wd-40,
          and a little help from her indoors to push button to get rear window out without dropping it.

do you think it would still be a good to replace window motor??
          regards dan

Comment

Yes but it may be repairable if you strip it down. If it can't be repaired then replace it other wise it may get stuck in the up or down position eventually.

Comment

will look at getting it out asap and check condition
              do you know if they are easy to get out?

also i had a quick search on old threads to look at replacements ,and will check out local s****yard for corrola passanger side window motor or nippon spares if it is passed repair
              cheers dan

Comment

Mine has been getting slower and slower - you could hear the moter straining. Almost sounded like the battery was flat.

This morning pushed the down button next to driver seat - bang and then the sound of a happy motor spinning - with no load.
                Thankfully the window is stuck fully up else I would have had to drive back home (can't leave it round here in a public carpark with the window open even a crack)

I'm praying I can crawl into the back, get the back panel off and make repairs with the tailgate still up.

Anybody have any possible idea what might have broke - I've never really looked in their before. I'm guessing somthing has sheered off?

AND I bet this is going to be expensive.....

The motor sounds quite happy now tho'.

Comment

Sounds like the same symptoms as the one I recently repaired.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X