Hi-Lux steering problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Lux steering problem.

Ive just joined this forum, so appologies if this has been covered historically. I have a Hi-Lux 2.4 Deisel pick up, which I doubt differs much from surfs, and have had an MOT failiure on front wheel bearing, pads and drag link, driversside.

I have changed the top and bottom hub bearings, repacked and re greased the wheel bearings, changed the pads, serviced the rear handbrake mechanism, scratched up the brake shoes, but need two more bits done before a re test.

The drag link is sloppy, drivers side, Ive packed with grease and this seems to have sweetened it a little, although there still appears a little play, about the same as the other side, and I need to adjust the handbrake cable.

Can anyone point me in the direction of handbrake adjustment, and steering link drag arm tightening please??? Thanks in anticipation,

Rich

If you look in each end of the drag link there are big grub screws that hold the balls in, they should have a split pin through the link and locked into the slot in the. Be aware they normally rust up, so they may be jammed not snug against the balls, make sure you free them off to adjust properly. You may be able to just tighen them up a bit, but also behind the ball further down the rod is a spring that takes the slack out, make sure this is not rusted to the rod or jammed.

The main brake cable adjustment is under the middle of the truck, just in front of the fuel tank. You should have a long threaded rod the adjust slack out of the cable. Look to be getting about 11-17 clicks on the handle.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X