Tyre sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre sizes

I am trying to buy some snowchains for my 91, 2.4 surf, problem is I don't understand the sizing on the tyres, they say 30 x 9.5 R15. Most of the sites that sell chains have automatic sizing charts, but they don't seem to apply to these, they are more suited to the usual 205 65 R15 or whatever. Is there such a thing as a converter?
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Originally posted by Pika1971
    I am trying to buy some snowchains for my 91, 2.4 surf, problem is I don't understand the sizing on the tyres, they say 30 x 9.5 R15. Most of the sites that sell chains have automatic sizing charts, but they don't seem to apply to these, they are more suited to the usual 205 65 R15 or whatever. Is there such a thing as a converter?
    The 30x9.5 is in inches but the 205x65 is metric (good old europe).A 30x9.5 is roughly 235x75..(I could be wrong on the size but maffs woz never my strong point)
    The 205 is the width of the tyre and the 65 is the height of thr wall,and the 15 is the size of the wheel.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
      65 is the height of thr wall,.
      65 is the aspect ratio of width and height not an actual measurement of the tyre by size.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks guys.
        So basically the diameter of the tyre is 30" and the its 9.5" wide, I guess thats really all I need for chains.
        Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

Working...
        X