v6 crossover pipe replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6 crossover pipe replacement

Hi guyz does anyone know w hats involved in replacing the crossover pipe on a 94 v6 4 runner, seems to be a bit of blowing around the bulkhead, a mechanic that did the headgaskets a couple of years ago said it would be a b^%$^% of a job involving head or engine removal , pls tell me this isnt so ???

Originally posted by wadey6
    Hi guyz does anyone know w hats involved in replacing the crossover pipe on a 94 v6 4 runner, seems to be a bit of blowing around the bulkhead, a mechanic that did the headgaskets a couple of years ago said it would be a b^%$^% of a job involving head or engine removal , pls tell me this isnt so ???
    Sorry............

You can unbolt it, but it won't come out without major work, I'm changing the head gaskets on a V6 at the moment, and even with all the intake and other junk removed, it still won't even come off the studs with the heads in place.

You could get the studs out the head, and then see how more room pulling all the heat proofing of the bulkhead gets you. the passenger side is the tightest, you can get the other off the studs and slip a new gasket in, but the other side looks a nightmare.

A 2" body lift makes it easier apparently..............

Good luck.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

good news

After stickin my head underneath engine discovered thank god that the blowing is coming from manifold to downpipe joint 1 nut missing other two loose so nice an simple , thx 4 ur help Linda and Tony

Comment

Working...
      X