help help help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help help help

I can honestly say iv had the worst year of my life ,wat with my mum comin to an inch of her life in a serious car crash,me loosing my flat and girlfriend in a space of a week ,and then my ford cougar gears mucking up (loadsa dosh), but when i started thinkin it cant get any worse my beloved surf is playin up big time, so if anyone has been kind enough to read all that i just wrote -PLEASE HELP. Ok the problem -it started when my heater started playin up,goin hot and cold,then a couple of days after i was drivin home when suddenly loads of steam started comin out of engine ,so straight away stopped ,a passer bye said he new a bit on motors,he looked for me and showed me a pipe had split at the front and one in the middle somewhere. And the radiater chucked out all the water. but iv been told about 100 things from all sorts of bodds. Any ideas please .....oh yea toyota surf hilux 2.4 turbo H reg perfect nic. Oh just 1 more thing ,why does my surf start makeing a ding ding f****** ding noise when i go over 65 mph from behind dash. Cheers Jim

Heater going hot - cold on its own is a sign of low water or water lost.
    First of all replace any damaged hoses.
    Personally I would change all the hoses because if two have gone you can bet the others are going soon.
    Flush your cooling system thoroughly and refil with coolant/water mix.
    Make sure you burp the air in the system properly, heaps of reading on here on the matter.
    Might as well replace the thermostat and cap while you are there.
    I know it may be a few more coins but believe me a new head is heaps of coins.

As far a the pleasant ding ding sound goes mine does not do it for two reasons.
    1. the ding ding is dead
    2. 65mph is over the limit here
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by Simon.O.
      Heater going hot - cold on its own is a sign of low water or water lost.
      First of all replace any damaged hoses.
      Personally I would change all the hoses because if two have gone you can bet the others are going soon.
      Flush your cooling system thoroughly and refil with coolant/water mix.
      Make sure you burp the air in the system properly, heaps of reading on here on the matter.
      Might as well replace the thermostat and cap while you are there.
      I know it may be a few more coins but believe me a new head is heaps of coins.

As far a the pleasant ding ding sound goes mine does not do it for two reasons.
      1. the ding ding is dead
      2. 65mph is over the limit here
      I really couldn't give any more advice on the water, simon O seems to have the nail firmly hit there.

On the ding dinger some surfs have one that goes off once you get over a certain speed limit, mine was a jap import and it dosen't have one, I think as simon says (sorry no pun intended) the speed limit in New Zealand is less than 65. Search around on here and there is loads of info on hot to de-ding it!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
        I really couldn't give any more advice on the water, simon O seems to have the nail firmly hit there.

On the ding dinger some surfs have one that goes off once you get over a certain speed limit, mine was a jap import and it dosen't have one, I think as simon says (sorry no pun intended) the speed limit in New Zealand is less than 65. Search around on here and there is loads of info on hot to de-ding it!

See here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=413
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Working...
        X