4x4 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 not working

does anyone have a wiring diagram for the electrics for the 4x4 side of the surf please ...... no light on dash and does not engage into 4x4 but can hear a relay clicking when i push the button any help would be great ... cheers

Originally posted by grunt
    does anyone have a wiring diagram for the electrics for the 4x4 side of the surf please ...... no light on dash and does not engage into 4x4 but can hear a relay clicking when i push the button any help would be great ... cheers

have you tried going forwards a bit then backwards to try and engage the 4wd
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Check for loose vacuum hoses on the actuator- seems to be a 'popular' fault.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
        Check for loose vacuum hoses on the actuator- seems to be a 'popular' fault.
        tried as much as i can .. got an auto electrician who is going to look at it on wed . when i put ignition on the light dont even come on on dash .. tried going back and forwards but it aint doing anything ... so wiring diagram would be exellent if someone could put one up before wed to help the sparky ... cheers

Comment

Try putting it into 4WD low with the small lever. That will at least confirm whether or not the 4WD is working. If it does go in and works then it's probably just "stuck" in 2H if it's not been used for a while. Had that with mine back in Dec when we had the snow down here. Thought it was "fubared" in mine but after I'd put it in 4L it then worked fine in 4H.
          Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
            Try putting it into 4WD low with the small lever. That will at least confirm whether or not the 4WD is working. If it does go in and works then it's probably just "stuck" in 2H if it's not been used for a while. Had that with mine back in Dec when we had the snow down here. Thought it was "fubared" in mine but after I'd put it in 4L it then worked fine in 4H.
            tried low box and hi box but nothing ... it must be electrical then .... i hope... anyone got a wiring diagram please ........

Comment

had it checked out this morning by a sparky .. the 4x4 controll box is knacked .. if any one can help with a spare one let me know asap .. please .. its the small black box behind the pannel in front of the gear leaver .. needs to be for a 1993 2.4 turbo dont know if any other model would do .. cheers

Comment

had it checked out this morning by a sparky .. the 4x4 controll box is knacked .. if any one can help with a spare one let me know asap .. please .. its the small black box behind the pannel in front of the gear leaver .. needs to be for a 1993 2.4 turbo dont know if any other model would do .. cheers
                Hi, I think I have one in the garage If you give me a call later should be able to sort something out.
                Jon 07740 337153
                I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                  Hi, I think I have one in the garage If you give me a call later should be able to sort something out.
                  Jon 07740 337153
                  thanks guys but been sorted out by jotto .. cheers mate ...one i owe you

Comment

right guys.. fitted replacement 4x4 controll box and still the same AAAAGGGHHH .. press button on leaver and the relays click in controll box .. no light on dash (bulb ok) no 4x4 and no power to the solinoids on the off side inner wing?????? has anyone got a wiring diagram for this or any help would be great...

Comment

I can only find this at the moment, I'll search a bit more................

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm

Comment

thanks bushwhacker. ??? if i put my 4x4 leaver forwards without using the button should this put it in 4x4 low ?? if so that aint working either

Comment

Yep. pushing the lever forwards will put it into low range 4x4. Transmision has to be in park or neutral first though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Yep. pushing the lever forwards will put it into low range 4x4. Transmision has to be in park or neutral first though.
                            tried it and it dont work ??? what does this mean then ??

Comment

tried it and it dont work ??? what does this mean then ??
                              you have a toyota YARIS
                              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X