Part No. please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part No. please

Can any one help with the part No. for the front seal on the auto gearbox as mine don't seal no more and I have more gear box oil on the road than in the box
    I'm a custard donut monster

I'll check when I get home, if you can wait that long...

PS. thanks for hte tea yesterday... and everything else...

My one thousand'th post!

Comment

Any of this look familiar...?

Can't find a gasket between the transmission (ATM) and the block anywhere on the EPC... this was the nearest... described as "plate, rear end"

Part number 11355-54110

The only other gasket kit I can see at all related to the transmission is:

04351-34010 "gasket kit, automatic transmission overhaul"

Best off speaking to a gearbox place that overhauls them... they may have another alternative... I remember that AutoTrans Dan in alperton, put in a gasket on mine when there was only that black muck before... so there may never have been a gasket in there, you just replace it with a cork one when you change those bits...?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by AndyLala; 30 December 2005, 19:17.

Comment

Ah, so you found the cause then Jon. Bummer, box out job. Heavy buggers they are!
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
          Ah, so you found the cause then Jon. Bummer, box out job. Heavy buggers they are!
          Yes, Undriveable, as soon as you put gearbox oil in it throws it out again
          Booked in to a mechanic on the 3rd for the box to be taken out, hopefully its just the front oil seal and not the torque converter.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

AutoTrans Dan did say that the gearbox was the same as the Jeep Cherokee's and some Volvo... something or other... so replacement gaskets aren't difficult to get...

Obviously, the bell housing would be different, but the mating surface between the gear box and bell housing should be identical.

Theres a thought...

This is the only image that shows the various major components broken down on my EPC...

It shows no gasket between the ATM pan and transmission body. It also shows no gasket between the transmission body and the bell housing. There is also no listing of those items in the parts.

There isn't any damage to either of those surfaces is there? The bell housing or the transmission...? That could be very expensive. Might just be some alloy weld and a truss or girdle round the mount between the transmission and the bell housing. A fine paper gasket between the two... and "bolt and braces" the two faces together...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala

It shows no gasket between the ATM pan and transmission body. It also shows no gasket between the transmission body and the bell housing. There is also no listing of those items in the parts.
              There never is, Toyota just use a sealant, same for the engine sump.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

There isn't any damage to either of those surfaces is there? The bell housing or the transmission...? That could be very expensive. Might just be some alloy weld and a truss or girdle round the mount between the transmission and the bell housing. A fine paper gasket between the two... and "bolt and braces" the two faces together...
                I doubt he's damaged anything like that, they are pretty solidly bolted together, my guess is some grit has gone down the seals on the front of the gearbox and ruined the seal, or the converter has exploded!
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

but if its that good a fit... how could dirty water corrode the sealant...?

Or is it just coincidence...?

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                    Can any one help with the part No. for the front seal on the auto gearbox as mine don't seal no more and I have more gear box oil on the road than in the box
                    Transmission Box Output Seal Front 005399 3.50
                    Transmission Box Output Seal Rear 005400 3.50

found this on www.milneroffroad.com site if its any help
                    john
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

but if its that good a fit... how could dirty water corrode the sealant...?

Or is it just coincidence...?
                      Dirty, gritty water can enter through the bellhousing 'vents' at the bottom and gets into the gap between torque convertor and input to gearbox and will distroy the seal very easily .
                      Most common seal to fail on any autobox .
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Note that one down for future reference... he says i his innebriated (?) state..

Comment

Working...
                        X