X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torsion Bars

I have finally got round to fitting new torsion bars
    got the drivers side off ok
    but I am having a problem getting the new one back in!
    I have put the front end in the mount and am finding it difficult to get the rear mount on and back into the cradle
    please can anyone offer any advice as to the way to do this it would be much appreciated
    cheers
    Bobo

Originally posted by bobo
    I have finally got round to fitting new torsion bars
    got the drivers side off ok
    but I am having a problem getting the new one back in!
    I have put the front end in the mount and am finding it difficult to get the rear mount on and back into the cradle
    please can anyone offer any advice as to the way to do this it would be much appreciated
    cheers
    Bobo
    will be nice to know as i have just got a 2in lift kit and torsion bars to fit.the shocks and springs will be no trouble but never had anything to do with torsion bars so any help is appreciated.i have had a look on previos threads about the lifts and about making sure the front end is off the ground in order to do the torsion bars unless i missed anything else about the fitting
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Has anyone on the forum changed their torsion bars and can they offer any advice on how to refit the new ones
      I'm still stuck!
      cheers
      Bobo

Comment

Again. http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          Thanks for all your efforts Andy
          but unfortunately I am stuck due to following the exact link ( and superb it is)
          but I have got myself stuck in as much as the bar won't go into the rear seat as described so am hoping to find someone on the forums who has succesfully completed the job so I can find where I am going wrong
          so again :-
          Has anyone on the forum changed their torsion bars and can they offer any advice on how to refit the new ones
          I'm still stuck!
          cheers
          Bobo

Comment

Working...
          X