air con removel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con removel

Ello everyone,i need some tips on removing my air con i want the whole lot out,has any one removed there's and will there be any prob's,i take it the system runs independent from the cooling system,and as the pump will be coming off i will need a smaller belt,if any one has done this do they no what size belt is needed or is a trial and error job down the local motor factors,and does any one no any air con men or women who can degas my system,once all bits are off they will be up for grabs if any ones interested.
    Thanks in advance to any help.

belt, only runs on the aircon compressor... so you can remove that without affecting anything else, except perhaps a little bit of balance on the driver shaft...? Should give a little more oomph... compressor should load the system by about 10%...

Getting an aircon person to ungas the system might prove a little interesting. Its a controlled gas nowadays, so they have to account for everything they do... I have still to remove my gas... and my aircon chap said to just let it out (and deny all knowledge) but he didn't tell me that of course.

Then just rip everything out, upto the firewall...
    I am trying to find some threaded caps to cover off the pipes at the firewall end just to make it look tidy...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
      belt, only runs on the aircon compressor... so you can remove that without affecting anything else, except perhaps a little bit of balance on the driver shaft...? Should give a little more oomph... compressor should load the system by about 10%...

Getting an aircon person to ungas the system might prove a little interesting. Its a controlled gas nowadays, so they have to account for everything they do... I have still to remove my gas... and my aircon chap said to just let it out (and deny all knowledge) but he didn't tell me that of course.

Then just rip everything out, upto the firewall...
      I am trying to find some threaded caps to cover off the pipes at the firewall end just to make it look tidy...
      You say just let it out is that from the 2 valves with the dust caps on.

Comment

Yes, or just unscrew the pipes coming from the compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Yes, or just unscrew the pipes coming from the compressor.
          Ok simple enough,the belt that runs the compresser also goes round the cranke pully and also another smaller pully beneath the compresser near the bottom of the rad drivers side,what does that run cos thats why i thought i would need a smaller belt for?

Comment

Be careful when you "accidently" undo one of the pipes because there can be a fair bit of pressure in the system - keep your face away from it
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
              Ok simple enough,the belt that runs the compresser also goes round the cranke pully and also another smaller pully beneath the compresser near the bottom of the rad drivers side,what does that run cos thats why i thought i would need a smaller belt for?

Nothing, thats just a guide pulley it don't do nuffink!
              I just removed the belt and that pulley and the compressor and pipes. But don't remove the bracket that holds the compressor, 'cos that is part of the adjuster on the alternator belt.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Nothing, thats just a guide pulley it don't do nuffink!
                I just removed the belt and that pulley and the compressor and pipes. But don't remove the bracket that holds the compressor, 'cos that is part of the adjuster on the alternator belt.
                OK cheers guys thats all i needed to no(for now).

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
                  Ello everyone,i need some tips on removing my air con i want the whole lot out,has any one removed there's and will there be any prob's,i take it the system runs independent from the cooling system,and as the pump will be coming off i will need a smaller belt,if any one has done this do they no what size belt is needed or is a trial and error job down the local motor factors,and does any one no any air con men or women who can degas my system,once all bits are off they will be up for grabs if any ones interested.
                  Thanks in advance to any help.

yes maybe
                  how much do you want for it

i have vans in the area all the time so getting it down to me is no problem
                  [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

i ran with no air con belt for over a year, as it snapped.

no ill affects.

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                    X