Engine Knock ? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Knock ? Help

My 2.4 Has Developed An Engine Knock ? Its Ok On Tickover But When It Is Reved When Stationary Theres A Rapping Sound Like Big Ends Or Crank? Is This A Fault With The 2.4. It Does Not Overheat? But Does Smoke Slightly, The Engine Has Done 105 Km Regards Paul .{ 1992 2.4 Surf }

Originally posted by shakeytits
    My 2.4 Has Developed An Engine Knock ? Its Ok On Tickover But When It Is Reved When Stationary Theres A Rapping Sound Like Big Ends Or Crank? Is This A Fault With The 2.4. It Does Not Overheat? But Does Smoke Slightly, The Engine Has Done 105 Km Regards Paul .{ 1992 2.4 Surf }
    did you get this motor from a dealer? you seem to be having too many probs - if from a dealer sounds like you need to back it for them to sort!- I dont know about redress if it was a private sale....but I bet there is someone....
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
      did you get this motor from a dealer? you seem to be having too many probs - if from a dealer sounds like you need to back it for them to sort!- I dont know about redress if it was a private sale....but I bet there is someone....
      I BOUGHT IT PRIVATE AND SOLD AS SEEN? I GOT IT CHEAP SO I DONT MIND SPENDING SOME MONEY ON IT AS IT WILL MAKE A NICE VEHICLE WHEN I IRON OUT ALL THE FAULTS,, THANKS PAUL

Comment

I BOUGHT IT PRIVATE AND SOLD AS SEEN? I GOT IT CHEAP SO I DONT MIND SPENDING SOME MONEY ON IT AS IT WILL MAKE A NICE VEHICLE WHEN I IRON OUT ALL THE FAULTS,, THANKS PAUL
        Ok there you go, you pays your money....... I believe stevo is your man in those parts op north as they say, perhaps you need a word with him - hope you can get it sorted. My horendous knock was a pot slapping about but mine is a 3.0L - sounds like a possible head off to start
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
          Ok there you go, you pays your money....... I believe stevo is your man in those parts op north as they say, perhaps you need a word with him - hope you can get it sorted. My horendous knock was a pot slapping about but mine is a 3.0L - sounds like a possible head off to start
          THANKS WOULD YOU HAVE STEVOS CONTACT INFO ,, MANY THANKS

Comment

THANKS WOULD YOU HAVE STEVOS CONTACT INFO ,, MANY THANKS

May be worth a phone call to Stevo....
            Click on banner at top to go to home page >Links>useful sites
            Tony

Comment

Working...
            X