atf cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atf cooler

Picked up the surf on monday. Towed 1600kg caravan over M62 on friday. Seem to have same prob as others (a tad warm ) so going to have cooler fitted. £ 100 + vat. Should it be
    A. fitted in line with existing cooler.
    B. Fitted seperate with old cooler left in situ.
    C. Fitted seperate and old cooler removed.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Originally posted by midalex
    Picked up the surf on monday. Towed 1600kg caravan over M62 on friday. Seem to have same prob as others (a tad warm ) so going to have cooler fitted. £ 100 + vat. Should it be
    A. fitted in line with existing cooler.
    B. Fitted seperate with old cooler left in situ.
    C. Fitted seperate and old cooler removed.
    The best option is to fit it in line with the existing cooler, But I went for a seperate oil cooler and a manual radiator and had no problems even towing 2.5 tonnes over 100 miles.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I did what Jotto has done to Jez's truck and it works great, the cheaper option is to fit an inline aux cooler, which are slightly smaller, which I've also fitted for a few people with no complaints

If you need a new rad, get a manual radiator and a good stand alone cooler, if your rad is fine its cheaper to just use a aux cooler to help the one in the rad.

Put them before the in-rad cooler, that way the AFT will never be boiling hot when it reaches the main rad, and won't re-heat your coolant much just as its leaving the rad.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Can someone please direct me to the link where there are fitting diagrams covering this.I printed them of once but have since lost them and car`nt find the thread
        Stella Artois

Comment

some stuff at www.showmesome.info/hilux on my one.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

That`s the one,cheers
            Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
            X