ne head from stevo and problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ne head from stevo and problems

ive just had a new head from stevo and the head seems good only problem im having is engine is running to cold i should point out this head wasnt fitted by stevo and in no way am i slagging him or his product just wondered if anyone has had the same fault my surf is now struggling to get warm no matter how long i run it for if i run it up a steep hill it gets half warm but soon cools down i was supplied an 82 degree thermostat with the head and stevo talked my mechanic through the adjustment of the viscous fan so my question is ...? is it likely to be the fan adjustment the thermostat an air lock or a combination of these factors

did you check the head gasket was fitted correctly, i.e. all the water ways lined up with the holes in the gasket?

Comment

head

Mat are you sure they have fitted a t/stat ?, sounds to me like there is no stat fitted or the stat is stuck open for some reason. The combination of an 82 deg stat and viscous fan adjustment certainly helps the car run cooler but not as cool as your'e describing.
      Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Maybe they over adjusted the fan, is it locked up completely, you can can hear it 'roaring' all the time if it is.

Originally posted by matthew coventry
        ive just had a new head from stevo and the head seems good only problem im having is engine is running to cold i should point out this head wasnt fitted by stevo and in no way am i slagging him or his product just wondered if anyone has had the same fault my surf is now struggling to get warm no matter how long i run it for if i run it up a steep hill it gets half warm but soon cools down i was supplied an 82 degree thermostat with the head and stevo talked my mechanic through the adjustment of the viscous fan so my question is ...? is it likely to be the fan adjustment the thermostat an air lock or a combination of these factors
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Check the mechanics pockets. The thermostat is probably there. I'd remove the thermostat housing cover and check if it's there before anything else.

Nev

Comment

I have an 82 degree thermostat and my fan is locked up, and everything is o.k.

Comment

problem fixed no thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by matthew coventry
                The next worry is what else did he "forget" to fit te he

poppy
                GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Working...
                X