60mph and shakes like mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60mph and shakes like mad

does any one have a clue as to why my surf shakes like mad at 60mph only just doing it.brought it few weeks old owner put 2 new tyers on it (front) spare is no good thinking hes swaped it over at some time.anyone got any ideas as what is the problem

The tyres may be directional, i.e. should only be fitted left hand or right hand side. If they are, it will say so on the tyre wall.

Comment

Could be a number of things but the first to check would be wheel balance , or prop shaft uj's
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

took down to local tyre dealer to have tyres checked one had a bulge in center of tyre thank god it was only that thought i was going to spend a fortune

Comment

Originally posted by minime0598
          took down to local tyre dealer to have tyres checked one had a bulge in center of tyre thank god it was only that thought i was going to spend a fortune
          yep, same happened to me, over a period of time, all my tyres went pear shaped, quite literally..seems that my tyres were all origional, in other words, ten years old..ok, the car was low mileage, so the tread was still good, but i think most tyres have a shelf life..mine were pronounced sound by the AA inspector, and it drove out of the showroom like it was gliding on ice..a mere two weeks later, the first one let go bigtime, and it was a little scary..since then, the rest have followed suit, so i'd be catious..

Comment

mine started to shake real bad recently and it needed a new prop UJ doing. Didnt cost much to have done and the previous owner kindly supplied a new part with the car
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
              yep, same happened to me, over a period of time, all my tyres went pear shaped, quite literally

Is that the same as 'It's all gone Pete Tong'?

Comment

Originally posted by minime0598
                does any one have a clue as to why my surf shakes like mad at 60mph only just doing it.brought it few weeks old owner put 2 new tyers on it (front) spare is no good thinking hes swaped it over at some time.anyone got any ideas as what is the problem
                I`m sure you`ve already thought of this, but have you been off road lately? I had this problem once on a 4x4 I once owned..... if you go off-road in the wet and the mud cakes on inside of you wheels, and then if it is allowed to dry and stay there and it goes solid, it can throw the balancing of the wheels out ever so slightly therefore you only notice the difference at high speeds.

I had visions of a bent drive shaft or steering rod and was thrilled I could put it right for a few quid in the jet-wash!!

It`s only a thought but worth a check. A quick jet-wash.... sorted!!
                [font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b][u]SSR-G SURF `N` REG 95[/u][/b][/color][/font]
                [img]http://tinypic.com/i1k95k.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X