Cabin air filter? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin air filter? Where?

Hi can anyone tell me where the cabin air filter is? Had a quick look round but seem to have overlooked it!

Cheers Tom

Originally posted by Whelan
    Hi can anyone tell me where the cabin air filter is? Had a quick look round but seem to have overlooked it!

Cheers Tom
    What Cabin air filter??? I don't believe any Surfs have em, except perhaps those with the optional box in the centre of the roof.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      What Cabin air filter??? I don't believe any Surfs have em, except perhaps those with the optional box in the centre of the roof.

Really? so the air is just direct from outside?

Comment

Its behind the glove box... but when you see it, you won't call it an air filter... more like a manky piece of foam...

If you remove the glove box, you will have easy access to it... very carefully remove it, and wash it in warm slightly soapy water... and dry it very carefully, not much heat... then spray with those odour spray things that are going around at the moment... (Fabreeze...?)
        As for the one in the roof... good luck with that. Its a paper element in a plastic cartridge... no part numbers, no description... Tried to bodge a new element after breaking the plastic cartridge apart... does work after a fashion.. but the rattling fan is driving me nuts...

Comment

Really? so the air is just direct from outside?
          Yep, or recirculating from interior depending on vent position. The only foam on mine is the seals for the individual vents. This is all rotten and I have the dash in a thousand pieces at the moment repairing them all with new stuff. A job you would not enjoy. If you start removing stuff the seals will turn to dust as soon as you touch them.

Neville

Comment

Cheers Tom
            Hi,
            Howard Hughes rides again, eh ? Like it, cabin filters hahahahahahahaha ! still if u live in cumbria maybe u need them, wherabouts are u, i used to repair boats in a big shed near whitehaven, lived in lorton...edge of lake d..

peter

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
              Hi,
              Howard Hughes rides again, eh ? Like it, cabin filters hahahahahahahaha ! still if u live in cumbria maybe u need them, wherabouts are u, i used to repair boats in a big shed near whitehaven, lived in lorton...edge of lake d..

peter

Hi Peter I basically live in Whitehaven! You need an air filter round here thats for sure. The fan does not seem that powerful so I thought it was blocked with 12 years of dirt!

Comment

Epic Thread Revival.. 20 years later, but I was searching on how to replace the Cabin Filter, and this one came up..

So, thanks for the direction.. Glovebox removed, I believe this is the Filter in the Photo below..?

Comment

Working...
                X