Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash lights & Hi-lift jack

Hi all, new owner of a '94 4runner - very pleased but a couple of Q's:
    From cold start, it takes a couple of miles before the dash lights (fuel filter, turbo, battery etc) extinguish themselves. Everything seems to be in order though. Anyone else had this.

Also have any of you come up with ingenious places to store/fix a Hi-lift jack in a 4runner/surf?
    Cheers,
    Shakey.

Hi welcome to Surfdom......I would get your alternator checked for the dash light problem.
    As for the jack, I use one of them ratchet straps and secure it to the tie-down rings in the rear load area.

Comment

Cheers Bushwacker!...I'll get me multimeter out then...

Comment

Dash lights indicate an Alternator problem. Check for loose or slipping belts. Probably worn or dirty brushes. While it is out have the Vacuum Pump checked and replace Bearings and Seals. Replace the oil line banjo fittings copper washers when replacing.

Neville

Comment

more to the point... where have you found a jacking point on a surf suitable for a highlift?

..... get a roofrack and bung it on there!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
            Dash lights indicate an Alternator problem. Check for loose or slipping belts. Probably worn or dirty brushes. While it is out have the Vacuum Pump checked and replace Bearings and Seals. Replace the oil line banjo fittings copper washers when replacing.

Neville
            Oooooh super post number Nev

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              more to the point... where have you found a jacking point on a surf suitable for a highlift?

..... get a roofrack and bung it on there!!
              Not exactly, get two of they real american 1" square rod ass'y rocksliders, super duper will take a highlift/jackall/fatben lifter all along their lengths...and they jus "clip" under the chassis rails...

tonight shiftin booze, tomorrow shiftin house.....
              Last edited by Uplander; 24 October 2005, 19:54. Reason: more info:-

Comment

Thanks you lot,

It's gonna have to wait till the weekend but I'll have a look-see then.

Cool forum by the way - loads more fun than the Armstrong m/c forum I've been on for ages....

Comment

Working...
                X