rear window motor gear problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window motor gear problem

hi my window has packed in it was bound to happen at some point ive had a look and my opinion is the motor is ok when you use the key it moves makes whirring sound anyway we think its the cog that drives the mechansm has become damaged would anyone have a part number or a better suggestion e mail matthew@mat02.fsnet.co.uk thanks

If you need the regulator mechanisum, I have a used one. Quite often the teeth on the motor wear, you can put a couple of small washers under the motor mounting bolts, to get the gear to drive on a no-worn part of the gear.

Or the motor body wears where the gear shaft passes through, and the motor gear won't mesh properly on the regulator.

If the teeth on the regulator have worn, you can weld and file/grind new teeth shapes, or get another regulator
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

how much are you after for the regulator?

Originally posted by TonyN
      If you need the regulator mechanisum, I have a used one. Quite often the teeth on the motor wear, you can put a couple of small washers under the motor mounting bolts, to get the gear to drive on a no-worn part of the gear.

Or the motor body wears where the gear shaft passes through, and the motor gear won't mesh properly on the regulator.

If the teeth on the regulator have worn, you can weld and file/grind new teeth shapes, or get another regulator
      how much are you after for the regulator? its going into the garage tommorow so ill know tommorow night what i need ill have it if thats what i need can you call me on 01766 832405 many thanks

Comment

rear window motors are avaliable from toyota NEW

The part number is T85710-89105
        COST 17/09/04 WAS £119.01 +VAT
        TOTAL 139.84

Let me know if this is of any help.

www.nwtoyotasurf.net

any comments please greatfully accepted

Comment

the motors knackered

Originally posted by gwyn
          The part number is T85710-89105
          COST 17/09/04 WAS £119.01 +VAT
          TOTAL 139.84

Let me know if this is of any help.

www.nwtoyotasurf.net

any comments please greatfully accepted
          it turns when out fine both ways but wont turn under any load so ive just ordered a new one from milners keep on trucking

Comment

Rear Window motor problems

I have also had problems with the rear window motor. The window would sometimes go up or down depending on what I was wanting it to do with either the internal switch or the key in the tailgate lock.

When I took it all apart I found the teeth on the motor were worn out. This caused the window to only lift slightly. I took it all apart and went to Twigworth breakers in Gloucester. They didn't have any Surf parts but they allowed me to look through all there electric window motors. I found a motor from a MR2 that matched identically to my rear motor. I paid the measly sum of £40 for the motor and regulator. At home I stripped the MR2 motor from it's regulator and fitted it on to the Surf tailgate window regulator. Re-fixed it back in to the tailgate, and hey presto works a dream. Even managed to fix the rear screen demister at the sametime.

Comment

Working...
            X