train weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• train weight

Any of you guys know what the train weight is for Toyota Surf 3 litre turbo diesel KZN 185 automatic transmission? (Train weight is the maximum legal weight of the Surf and the trailer when fully laden.) Is there an official weight as the guy at Toyota Imports Head Office said they are not designed to have a tow bar!!!???? Does anyone know what they would legally be allowed to pull in Japan, Australia or NZ (where they are officially imported)?

LOL @ the Toyota Import muppet, You'll have nailing down Surf towing weights, but US 4Runner 3rd gens max towing weight is 5000lbs, they are basicly the same truck.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by big pablo
      Any of you guys know what the train weight is for Toyota Surf 3 litre turbo diesel KZN 185 automatic transmission? (Train weight is the maximum legal weight of the Surf and the trailer when fully laden.) Is there an official weight as the guy at Toyota Imports Head Office said they are not designed to have a tow bar!!!???? Does anyone know what they would legally be allowed to pull in Japan, Australia or NZ (where they are officially imported)?
      the surf weighs in at 1850 kilos and train weight can be no bigger than 3500 kilos in the uk without a taco fitted but this must include fuel and driver
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
        the surf weighs in at 1850 kilos and train weight can be no bigger than 3500 kilos in the uk without a taco fitted but this must include fuel and driver
        3rd gens are heavier than a 2nd gen.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          3rd gens are heavier than a 2nd gen.
          mine is a third gen

Comment

mine is a third gen
            Yup! You posted the weight of a 2nd, gen, Land Cruiser Colerado's, which yours shares the floor pan are 2800kg, so I'd expect a 3rd gen to weigh nearly that as well.

But, I may be wrong........

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Yup! You posted the weight of a 2nd, gen, Land Cruiser Colerado's, which yours shares the floor pan are 2800kg, so I'd expect a 3rd gen to weigh nearly that as well.

But, I may be wrong........
              just looked at my sva and i was wrong gross weight is 2105 kg so with fuel and driver you can tow about 1300 kg so i was closer so nana nana na
              Last edited by kiowa; 13 October 2005, 20:22.

Comment

just looked at my sva and i was wrong gross weight is 2105 kg so with fuel and driver you can tow about 1300 kg so i was closer so nana nana na
                bwahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by big pablo
                  Is there an official weight as the guy at Toyota Imports Head Office said they are not designed to have a tow bar!!!????
                  Wow- by absolutely incredible coincidence then my Surf had all the right holes in the right places for a towbar! That or the guy's a tw*t who doesn't deserve the job he's got.....draw your own conclusion.

Comment

nah, that's only the towing vehicle that muctn't exceed 3500kg gross
                    and if it's a private vehicle then you won't need a tacho anyway.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      nah, that's only the towing vehicle that muctn't exceed 3500kg gross
                      and if it's a private vehicle then you won't need a tacho anyway.
                      You can drive up to GVW of 7500kgs on a car licence (unless you got your licence recently), the over 3500kg is only for business/work.

Comment

on the old car licence it,s 8.25 tonne thats a 7.5 tonne lorrie with a trailer of 750kgs
                        you can tow a maximum of 750 kg with an unbraked trailer but you cannot exceed half the kerb weight of the towing vehicle.you can tow a trailer with a gross weight higher than your cars towing limit as long as you only load it up to that limit.it is illegal to exceed the cars towing limit
                        Last edited by kiowa; 17 October 2005, 16:54.

Comment

Working...
                        X