3rd Gen Centre diff??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Centre diff??

Does anyone know how the 3rd gens centre diff actuates when I move the lever ....is it electrical or mechanical. In other words when I move the lever does it switch a relay which then locks the diff or is there a direct mechanical connection between the lever and the diff.

The reason I ask is that in some situations I've found it would be nice to be able the run in low range without the centre diff locked but at the moment of course, I have no choice. If it was engaged electrically I would imagine that I could find the correct wire and install a switch to engage the centre diff giving me a bit more versatility.
    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Originally posted by miketilley
    Does anyone know how the 3rd gens centre diff actuates when I move the lever ....is it electrical or mechanical. In other words when I move the lever does it switch a relay which then locks the diff or is there a direct mechanical connection between the lever and the diff.

The reason I ask is that in some situations I've found it would be nice to be able the run in low range without the centre diff locked but at the moment of course, I have no choice. If it was engaged electrically I would imagine that I could find the correct wire and install a switch to engage the centre diff giving me a bit more versatility.
    Whilst I'm not 100% certain, it seems probable that its a mechanical connection. You can feel this thru the movement within the lever.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
    X