Wobbly Flywheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Flywheels?

Does anyone know anything about disintegrating flywheels? I just bought some stuff from Milner and their catalogue seems to indicate that the flywheel is prone to dropping to pieces! What's the story?

What with this and cylinder heads, I am beginning to think I have replaced my go-anywhere, reliable, robust little Fiesta with a delicate fragile Surf!!

my mates next door neighbour was working on a banger car when the flywheel shattered and embedded in his head, killing him instantly...
    that's all i know on the subject.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Surfs built after 1991 (the sad EFI ones) have a "Dual Mass Flywheel" which is in 2 sections with springs and fiction material between them like a conventional clutch.

When you change the clutch you're supposed to have the flywheel serviced too, which of course no one ever does. The flywheel never actually comes apart, it just behaves the way that an ordinary clutch with weak springs would.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Elvz; 20 November 2003, 21:46.

Comment

Dont know about surfs, did alot of info surfing on them and never heard of it before I bought mine, but I had a Voyger and the Fly wheel broke into 2 pieces on me, cost a fortune, was told that it is very uncommon? Bad luck me.

Rab
        Rabbie

"Blossom" she's a 93 2.4td SSRX & we luv her, cost a fortune but we still luv her

Comment

Working...
        X