Lsd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsd!

I cannot find any EP90 especially for Limited Slip Diffs - as required in the handbook. Is normal EP90 OK as I cannot find anything else?
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

I have just ordered some from www.difflock.com
    at 2.55 a litre + VAT seems reasonable, but delivery £7
    so i have ordered other stuff at same time

here is direct link:

http://www.difflock.com/cgi-bin/wm10...&item_id=DF497

sorry deosnt appear to work
    goto multistore, and select "front and rear axles" from 1st pull down menu - difflock tools and workshop and scroll down to find the oil

Originally posted by bundubasher
    I cannot find any EP90 especially for Limited Slip Diffs - as required in the handbook. Is normal EP90 OK as I cannot find anything else?
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
      I would think thats a yes. I dont think there are any other kinds of EP90 other than normal. I think you are looking for something that doesnt exist so I would say if it says EP 90 you can use it.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

No - you shouldnt really put normal EP90 oil in, as it cant cope as well and can damage the LSD or make it work incorrectly
        saying that, i have put some normal oil in mine until i get the EP90 LSD specific oil, hopefully tomorrow. but my 4runner has done 150k miles and LSD clutch plates died a long time ago, but TonyN advised to put correct EP90 LSD oil in anyway.

Originally posted by Bogus
        I would think thats a yes. I dont think there are any other kinds of EP90 other than normal. I think you are looking for something that doesnt exist so I would say if it says EP 90 you can use it.

Bogus
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Thanks. You can just make out a sticker on the rear diff with the letters LSD on and the manual specs LSD EP90. But my truck's just turned 140,000 miles and so my LSD is probably worn out as well - how would I know anyway - everything makes so much noise!

I'll try and get some from Toyota as every other garage I have visited just puts normal EP90 into LSDiffs.

Thanks guys.
          @africa4x4cafe

Comment

You need to ask for Castrol LS90.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              Your up easrly! It's 10.30m here and I thought you were 3 hours behind!
              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

I knew my LSD in diff doesnt work when i can wheel spin one back wheel in mud, and i have jacked up one back wheel, and cant shift the vehicle
                it should limit wheel spin on the traction free wheel and shift it to the wheel on ground/grippy surface
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  I have a crate of 1lt LS90 bottles, shame your so far away.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

****** muppet! Thanks for the thought anyway - rare as rocking horse **** here - everyone just chucks in straight EP90.
                    Stay well!
                    @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
                    X