Wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearings

Came back from the Maasai Mara last week and I am now hearing some strange groaning noises from under the vehilcle. Before some wag says it, No, there are no wildebeast jamned in my suspension! I thought it was the front diff but I went to my local Toy dealer today (Toyota East Africa - ****** HUGE workshops - must have had at least a hundred cars on on the ramps!) and after a spin he senems to think it is the front wheel bearings....F'ING GREAT!

Well the wheel bearings are in stock but not the oil seals - they'll take 3-4 weeks from Japan! So in the meantime I'd thought I'd ask if anyone else has changed these items? By the way, it's a 94 model 4Runner 3.0TD.
    Last edited by bundubasher; 2 August 2005, 17:17. Reason: txt edit
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

If they are the same as my 3.0L surf its a real easy job. I hadnt done anything like that before on any of my preious motors and did inner and outer bearings on both sides in about 2 hours.
    Im sure i did a write up if you wanna do a search .If you dont find it im sure you will find someones lol..

cheers

Mike
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

This is my vehicle:

Model: KZN130R GKMSXW
      Frame: 8001855

9031166001, Seal, (x2)
      9036845987, Bearing, RTP, 45, 73 (x2)
      9036849084VP Bearing (x2)

Can anyone get me UK prices from a Toyota dealer as I've got someone who can buy in the UK and deliver for me in Kenya next week otherwise it's a 3 to 4 week wait while the kit comes from Japan.

The other thing is, if I have toi drive my truck for the next 3-4 weeks without replacing the bearings, what's the worse case scenario?

Many thanks,

enzo
      @africa4x4cafe
      [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X