cv joint gater drivers side by the wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cv joint gater drivers side by the wheel

hi chaps my cv joint gater drivers side by the wheel has split got grease up my arch on the inside how do you change this? how long should it take what should a garage charge me also can any tell the part number i need from milners its a 1991 2.4 td ln130 is there anyone local to coventry who wants to do it ?any help greatly appreciated its in the pic
    Attached Files

Did mine last month just before the MOT took 6 hours. Now before you run off panicing, I am absolutely awfull at mechanics (had to take the truck to TonyN once to grease the nipples). The problem I had was getting the half shaft out from the motor, because I've got uprated torsion bars, and it wouldn't get in the optimum position. Try here http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24table.htm (hope I got it right) for instructions, which are actually very easy to follow (I managed it).
    I'd say if I did it again it would probably take half the time.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by matthew coventry
      hi chaps my cv joint gater drivers side by the wheel has split got grease up my arch on the inside how do you change this? how long should it take what should a garage charge me also can any tell the part number i need from milners its a 1991 2.4 td ln130 is there anyone local to coventry who wants to do it ?any help greatly appreciated its in the pic

Here you go. the one you need is the Outer CV joint boot.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm#strg.

Comment

are you still here?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

thanks for everyones help ill book it in on monday

Originally posted by Chillitt
          are you still here?
          thanks for everyones help ill book it in on monday im moving to wales in 2 weeks manod area near porthmadog anyone wants to say hello fancys showing me some good off road places get in touch

Comment

Working...
          X