Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronze bushes...

Gentlefolk,

When replacing the bronze bushes... which parts are likely to be worn, in addition to the bushes, and which bits would be prudent to swap whilst all the gubbins are hanging out.

Hope I have outlined the right bits.
    Red outline should be the bushes.
    Blue outline, not sure... should I order these whilst I am at it?
    How about the seal 43211 and 43212...?

2nd Gen, Nov '91 2.4td. If these are the right bits, I'll add the part numbers... later on.. if someone could confirm...?

many thanks for reading this far...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AndyLala; 19 July 2005, 17:37.

When I did mine i changed the bushes and large rubber seal (43211V) as the seal was the cause of the bushes to be worn. Other than that nothing else looked worn once it was stripped down.
    Last edited by Koi; 20 July 2005, 08:40.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Koi,

thanks for that. I am just trying to do some preventative whilst we have it in bits doing the CV boots... I'll try and get to the stealer this afternoon and order those bits up then.

So just to confirm, the bits circled in red are the bushes (43211W, 43212M), and the oil seal (43211V, 43212L)...

AndyL

Comment

I am in shock...!

Phoned the stealers.... and they will now take orders for parts over the phone! (upto £80.00 - so doesn't cover much...)

Two oil seals, and four bronze bushes... £106.60 (ouch - but it's not to much for the other love of my life )
        Does that sound a bit too steep to you folks out there...? or about right...?

AndyLaLa

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
          I am in shock...!

Phoned the stealers.... and they will now take orders for parts over the phone! (upto £80.00 - so doesn't cover much...)

Two oil seals, and four bronze bushes... £106.60 (ouch - but it's not to much for the other love of my life )

AndyLaLa
          sounds expensive to me, can't remember exactly what I paid now but it was less than that. Give Andrew Rowley of St. Albans a ring to get a price off them, thats where i got mine from.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

I am in shock...!

AndyLaLa
            Toyota prices for bushes was about £11 and £22 each plus VAT if I remember right (i didnt do the rubber seal ). BUT, have heard that only the Offside set wear usually so you could save half the cost for now.

Kev

Comment

Okey dokey, thanks eveyone for the words of wisdom. After much trawling of the EPC, and frantic trips back and forth from the stealers... Bless those wonderful parts monkeys... even if you do give them all the numbers, they still get it wrong...

I have finally ended up with these bits...

Can someone tell me if they look right...?
              Obviously, please excuse the shaky hands... Bronze bushes, and Oil seal...
              Bushes were £12.15 each and on the EPC they all show the same (inner and outer)...

many thanks, Lala
              Attached Files

Comment

them the kiddies

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Phew, for a few moments there I thought I had been stitched up by the Stealers again. I suppose they have to get it right eventually a few times.

Thanks Koi...

Comment

Andy , which stealer do you use ? Is it Jemca ?
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I think that is what they are called. The one in The Hyde, beside the sainsburys, next to Japparts...

Seems to be a different monkey everytime I go in there... not one of them can ever get it right.

Comment

I think that is what they are called. The one in The Hyde, beside the sainsburys, next to Japparts...

Seems to be a different monkey everytime I go in there... not one of them can ever get it right.
                        Yep , I have had to deal with them in bodywork for a few years . USELESS . I think I will try the one Koi recommends in St. Albans or anyone else but Jemca .
                        Off thread oops ....
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Interested in how you get on, obviously Koi is a known customer, lets see if they extend the welcome to unknown customers...

I shall await your response...
                          Last edited by AndyLala; 1 August 2005, 17:55.

Comment

Bonze Bushes - Worn or Normal Slop?

Whilst changing the CV boots on my 3.0 litre KZN130 I thought I would change the bronze bushes in the hubs as there appeared to be a lot of play in the outer bushes.

Ordered the new, genuine Toyota, parts and before fitting thought I would compare the amount of wear on the old units against the normal play on the new ones. To my suprise I found that the internal diameter of the new bush was greater (around 10 thou) than the old bush. I thought the play in the old units seemed excessive but if I fit the new ones it would be greater.

I assume the play/slop is there to allow grease to be packed between the shaft and the bush, but this is only an assumption! Has Toyota now decided a greater clearance is required to allow even more grease to penetrate the space?

Brian
                            Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X