2.0l 1984 Surf anybody??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0l 1984 Surf anybody??

I just recently baught a 1984 Hilux Surf with a 3Y engine, that is a 2l Petrol.
    Now I'm trying to find out more about the engine details, points of service and maintenance, etc....

Who can help me? I checked a couple of websites, but have not yet found, what I was looking for.

Thanx a lot, Michael from New Zealand

P.S. I'm NOT a newbie surfer, I sent my first emails in, hmmmm, 1994/95. Cheers.
    Michael
    1984 2.0l Hilux Surf, L-YN60V-MS

Originally posted by michaelmohr
    I just recently baught a 1984 Hilux Surf with a 3Y engine, that is a 2l Petrol.
    Now I'm trying to find out more about the engine details, points of service and maintenance, etc....

Who can help me? I checked a couple of websites, but have not yet found, what I was looking for.

Thanx a lot, Michael from New Zealand

P.S. I'm NOT a newbie surfer, I sent my first emails in, hmmmm, 1994/95. Cheers.
    Hi and welcome to the 1st gen club . 3 of us on here have 2.0 litre petrol 4Runner/Surfs . I have some info as does TonyN and Rob . Sumo has a 2.4 td 1st gen and has other info regarding the rest of the vehicle .
    Engine is quite common Toyota unit from what I have found out from Tony and parts here seem easy to find for mechanical but a little scarce for body (I just found that one out ) .
    There is no section for us 2.0 petrol boys , just PM me and I will try to help as my manual covers 3Y engine .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Another Kiwi....COOL !!!!
      A local place to look would be www.offroadexpress.co.nz
      There are heaps of petrol Hilux's and Surfs in NZ
      You have done the right thing and gone to the I-Net for info, there is heaps of it out there.
      Where in this great land are ya ???
      Cheers and beers
      Simon.
      Simon.O.
      '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
      X