Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Query

Hi All

Just got back from a weekend out with the caravan and I found that on a long uphill haul on the M1, the temp gauge (not surprisingly) started to climb, not a great problem, just had to slow down a bit and it dropped back to normal.
    However I was surprised to find that every time the temp rose the air con stopped working and I had to wait till the engine cooled a bit and then switch off the air con and switch it back on again to get it started.
    Anyone shed any light on it?, is it a clever way of cutting the load on the engine or do I have some obscure fault (they're never easy my problems but thankfully few and far between).
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

there's a sensor which cuts out the air con... as it's putting strain on the engine turning the pump... gamedawn found this out when he converted his to an air compressor... he'll be able to shed more light on it!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      there's a sensor which cuts out the air con... as it's putting strain on the engine turning the pump... gamedawn found this out when he converted his to an air compressor... he'll be able to shed more light on it!
      Ah thanks for that, so it's perfectly normal, clever little fellows those Japs.
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X