handbrake warning light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handbrake warning light problem

handbrake warning light problem as i was driving and i braked the handbrake warning light came on for a few seconds and then went off did this twice any ideas is it telling me my pads are low or something have a little brake squeal so thats what i thought but if any one knows please tell me its a 1991 ln 130 2.4 td no abs i dont think never seen a li9ght for ity locked wheels up a couple of times would it be front pads or rear drums any help appreciated

Originally posted by matthew coventry
    handbrake warning light problem as i was driving and i braked the handbrake warning light came on for a few seconds and then went off did this twice any ideas is it telling me my pads are low or something have a little brake squeal so thats what i thought but if any one knows please tell me its a 1991 ln 130 2.4 td no abs i dont think never seen a li9ght for ity locked wheels up a couple of times would it be front pads or rear drums any help appreciated
    AFAIK, the handbrake warning light is also linked to the brake fluid level switch. This might explain why it came on for a few seconds? Cornering, or braking etc....
    It just does, OK?

Comment

fluid seems ok down slightly so do we think its the front pads

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      AFAIK, the handbrake warning light is also linked to the brake fluid level switch. This might explain why it came on for a few seconds? Cornering, or braking etc....

Comment

The warning light is not connected to brake pads in any way.If you have pad squeal then this will be the audible warning built into the pads.They have a part that rubs on disc when worn to replacement stage.Top up fluid and the light should remain off.If not then then it may be faulty.This is a common occurance and I have disconnected my low fluid warning because of this.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          The warning light is not connected to brake pads in any way.If you have pad squeal then this will be the audible warning built into the pads.They have a part that rubs on disc when worn to replacement stage.Top up fluid and the light should remain off.If not then then it may be faulty.This is a common occurance and I have disconnected my low fluid warning because of this.

Neville
          Maybe your handbrake wire is shorting out

Steve

Comment

The warning light is linked to the handbrake switch, fluid level, and servo vacuum.

To check the latter, pump the brake pedal 5 or 6 times with the engine off. Each pump should feel harder than the last. Hold the pedal down on the last pump, and start the engine. If the pedal slowly sinks down then everything is ok.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Top up the brake fluid and see what happens....this one got me for months till I topped it up !
              Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Working...
              X