to lift or not to lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to lift or not to lift

hey guys me again. your last lot of advice was very helpful so thought id ask another question (pain i know).
    i`m travelling to spain in 3 weeks and taking a fair load with me and i was wondering how this will effect my suspension. at the moment i have no rear sag and everything looks and feels in order but i`m concerned that if i have the original springs still on the car(not 100% sure) will it sag quite a lot and will it go back up to its normal level after unloading when the load has been on board for at least 3 days? the car is boked in for t/belt and full service so fitting new springs whilst its in would not cost a great deal more (dont have time to do it myself), but is it worth it. is it a case of not broke dont fix it or is it better safe than sorry. please advise guys and guyesses.
    thanks Ian (its a 93 ssrx 2.4 by the way)
    Ian

Even with the 40% stronger springs my back end will sit lower with a heavy load in the back. The test is to see if it recovers.

Get half a dozen kids or a couple of hefty adults to climb in the back to test it.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

HAha

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Even with the 40% stronger springs my back end will sit lower with a heavy load in the back. The test is to see if it recovers.

Get half a dozen kids or a couple of hefty adults to climb in the back to test it.
      dont fancy the idea of half a dozen kids mate but think your right, i could see what happens after unloading and change springs then if needed. thanks again
      Ian

Comment

Working...
      X