Oil leaking from filler cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leaking from filler cap

Hi guys! Bought my 3.0 surf about six weeks ago and have had full service done on it. Just noticed oil on rocker cover around filler cap after towing for the first time over the weekend. Seems to pull ok with plenty of power and don't think burns any oil. Have had a problem like this caused by crank pressure on a knackered astra where it was seriously pumpin out! Am i lookin at bein unlucky for the second time with this diesel or could it simply be the cap? I am not happy and the warranty only covers complete failure. It's only got 87k on the clock and is the love of my life! Am i facing the inevitable?? paranoid surfer!!

Could be that the filler cap is blocked. Happend to my transit, I just took the cap off and soaked it in a container of petrol for a couple of hours then blew all the crud out with compressed air.

Comment

warranty might only cover complete failure, but the sale of goods act covers evrything but wear and tear. phone citizen advice or trading standards for key phrases to throw at the dealer if you have to, but let them fix it. thats why you bought from a dealer!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

The caps are a sealed unit.Maybe just needs a new seal or cap is cracked.They can crack if installed to tight.Check where top of cap meets threaded part.

Neville

Comment

Working...
        X