Squeeky back end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeky back end

Hi all, just joined this forum and have already found loads of helpful information so a big thankyou to everyone. have just become the proud owner of a 93 ssrx 2.4td and am already loving it. couple of small issues tho.
    when turning right at any speed and not just on full lock i`m getting a loud metal sounding squeek coming from the o/s rear when hitting even the slightest imperfection in the road. dont know if something just needs greasing or if its something more serious. booking car in for service and t belt change (done 92000km) and would be grateful if anyone can give me an idea of what the source of the problem could be so as to make sure i dont get any bull or extra expense from the garage.
    secondly, i think my new toy has had remote c/l fitted at one point but i now only have one key and the buttons to lock and unlock are broke, any suggestions on getting it replaced and coded or is a new r/c/l system needed.
    any help would be gratefully received and once again thanks to everyone who makes this site what it is; Brilliant
    Ian
    Ian

couldn't exactly pinpoint the problem, but hers my two-pennith worth

1. possible Bearing problem
    2. possible stone in the brake drum
    3. or like mine had after the springs were done. I needed to tighten up the bolt that goes through the lower tie rod arm [The triangular bracket connecting the tie rod to the chassis]. I kept hearing a squeal and eventually found it to be this.
    Gaz

Comment

sounds quite inexpensive

Originally posted by Gizmo
      couldn't exactly pinpoint the problem, but hers my two-pennith worth

1. possible Bearing problem
      2. possible stone in the brake drum
      3. or like mine had after the springs were done. I needed to tighten up the bolt that goes through the lower tie rod arm [The triangular bracket connecting the tie rod to the chassis]. I kept hearing a squeal and eventually found it to be this.
      thats a great help and all of those sound like they wont cost a fortune. thanks for your advice.
      Ian
      Ian

Comment

Hi, welcome to Surfdom

RE. your central locking, try to find the manufacturer's name/serial numbers and do a Google search maybe?
        Failing that, I saw a remote central locking kit on ebay last nght for about £35.00 prob cheaper than a new remote key.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Hi, welcome to Surfdom

RE. your central locking, try to find the manufacturer's name/serial numbers and do a Google search maybe?
          Failing that, I saw a remote central locking kit on ebay last nght for about £35.00 prob cheaper than a new remote key.
          nice one bushwhacker, sounds like there are some good and cheap second hand ones out there, think i`ll go down that route, thanks again
          Ian

Comment

Working...
          X