yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have gone for it - Creating 3.0 TV (as Morr would say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have gone for it - Creating 3.0 TV (as Morr would say)

I've taken the plunge and purchased a 2 tank veg oil conversion from www.dieselveg.co.uk.

Fitting of system is well underway, in other words I've put off the inevitable cutting of fuel pipes etc as long as poss. (Am planning to put my pics on forum if anyone is interested.)

I've reached the stage now where I have to decide which type of fuel pump I have. The fitting instructions give me the choice of either having a Distributor or Inline Fuel Pump.

Please could someone teach me the difference and enlighten me as to what my Surf is fitted with. I've got the our Forum, Haynes manual, the Mitchels online manuals and access to Toyota manual. None of them explicitly state what type of pump it is.

Deduction has lead me to the conclusion that it's an inline pump , but I'm not confident enough to start slicing through fuel lines yet!!

Where's Maurice when you need him!! (He's there of course!!)

Rob

p.s. Anyone do window stickers that say: "My Gas Guzzler Guzzles Veg Oil!" or sumink like that?
    Last edited by nednil; 14 May 2005, 21:56.
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Morr to the rescue...

I'd sent a private mail to Morr directly this aft, but wasn't sure if I'd get a reply so posted the above on the forum. Then, low and behold, Morr send this:

Hi Rob,
    Great to see the veggie spreading!

Its a distributive type pump in the 3.0 1KZ-TE engine.
    Out of curiosity, is there much difference in the fitting of the kit pending the type of pump found ? (I've never dealt with an inline type)

Best of luck with the conversion, be sure and let us know on the forum how it works out.

Maurice
    The differences seem to be to do with the positioning of the fuel filters. Here are scans of the different flow diagrams for the two different fuel pumps.

Once it's done, I'll be sure to post details of the project.

Cheers Rob
    Attached Files
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Nice one m8....

I can't wait to hear how it goes for ya.....

Don't forget to take pix b4 after and during.....
      [CENTER][img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/bolloxx.j

Comment

Working...
      X