Is Corrossion prevension worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Corrossion prevension worth it

Just bought a96 Surf. Its been thoroughly cleaned underneath. Is rust prevension worthwhile, and what issues with it? egWaxoyl.

Originally posted by webcore
    Just bought a96 Surf. Its been thoroughly cleaned underneath. Is rust prevension worthwhile, and what issues with it? egWaxoyl.
    You could have eaten your dinner off the underside of mine when it was freshly imported. I wish I had got mine waxoyled/undersealed before the first British Winter. The wire worm has reared its ugly head already. At the moment it is only surface rust. Doing a DIY job should only cost about £70.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I had mine waxoyled at my local garage and it cost about £70. I think it was worth it.

Comment

Definately worth it. My 95 2nd gen was like new underneath when I got it. First thing I did was underseal and waxoyl. Did it myself - it's not hard, dont even need ramps there is that much room underneath. Do it as soon as possible whilst it is still clean. The damage that a British winter of salted roads can do is unbelievable.
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Well ive bought my tin of HAMMERITE to paint up all the bits that are now down to metal through offroading. 2 Sets of ramps gets the surf nice & high so you dont have to struggle.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by webcore
            Get done before winter comes. You can see the small areas I missed are going rusty already.....

Nevillef

Comment

Bought a 5ltr can of waxoil from an autojumble for £14 and it only took half of it to give her a good dosing (the Surf that is).
              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X