Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter for 22R

Help please,

I'm trying to get a new air filter for my import 4Runner SR5. It has an old 22R engine. I've been trying to get an equivalent by Coopers filters, but I'm struggling.

Does anyone know the part number for Coopers Filters (I know the toyota number, its embossed on the filter), or does anybody know of any other toyota vehicles that used a 22R engine. Or maybe someone knows of an air filter from a different model or make that would fit my engine. Would the filter from a 22R-E fit for example?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a TOYOTA dealer ?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Yes, but the plot thickens.

The surf was originally from the middle east and I've since determined that it has a different filter to other 22R's. The Toyota dealer didn't recognise the part number (17801-35030). I reckon it was originally different in order to keep the fine sand out.

The search goes on. I'll probably have to get Toyota to order it specially, or I might try and bung on an air box from another 22R. I don't get much desert sand on the Wirral!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD
        Yes, but the plot thickens.

The surf was originally from the middle east and I've since determined that it has a different filter to other 22R's. The Toyota dealer didn't recognise the part number (17801-35030). I reckon it was originally different in order to keep the fine sand out.

The search goes on. I'll probably have to get Toyota to order it specially, or I might try and bung on an air box from another 22R. I don't get much desert sand on the Wirral!
        We have the same problem with our 4 runner SR5 which came in from Qatar originally. Its has a very large air filter designed for the dessert dust, and we have just started trying to find one! The Japanese surfs with the same engine have a totally different air filter. We may end up changing the whole thing for one off another truck, or just get a K and N.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X