Leaking Sun Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Sun Roof

hi there this is my first time so it may all be wrong!!!!!
    my problem is i have a ln130 , over the last few days i have noticed water getting in , i think it is from the drivers side of the sunroof. Any ideas on how to stop the leak(are seals avaliable?). I need some help on this one as the kids are moaning about the drips on there heads!!!!

Originally posted by SHERBERT
    hi there this is my first time so it may all be wrong!!!!!
    my problem is i have a ln130 , over the last few days i have noticed water getting in , i think it is from the drivers side of the sunroof. Any ideas on how to stop the leak(are seals avaliable?). I need some help on this one as the kids are moaning about the drips on there heads!!!!
    Give them a bottle of WASH & GO!
    Hve someone run the hose near the sunroof while you are in the vehicle to identify the source. Silicon rubber may fix it temporarily.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Sunroof

Had a similar problem on my gen 3. Water seemed to collect on the headliner so that the first time I braked after a rainy night my passenger would get a cold shower.

If its a factory sunroof there is an internal gutter that drains through 4 plastic tubes that run down the windscreen and tailgate A frames.

I'm pretty convined the passenger side tube was loose, cut it back by an inch, refitted and all seems well now.

I also found 4 of the bolts on my roof rails were completely missing which may also have been the source of my leak.

Mike

Comment

Sunroof leaks are usually blocked or disconnected drain tubes

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Steadi
          Had a similar problem on my gen 3. Water seemed to collect on the headliner so that the first time I braked after a rainy night my passenger would get a cold shower.

If its a factory sunroof there is an internal gutter that drains through 4 plastic tubes that run down the windscreen and tailgate A frames.

I'm pretty convined the passenger side tube was loose, cut it back by an inch, refitted and all seems well now.

I also found 4 of the bolts on my roof rails were completely missing which may also have been the source of my leak.

Mike
          Great thanks for that sounds good, before i pull the whole interior out any pointers on where the drain tubes are? and how do i get to them,any help is realy good .Thanks in advance.

Just had a look think os rear drain hole was blocked ,waiting for rain now!!!!!!
          Last edited by SHERBERT; 7 May 2005, 15:15. Reason: FIXED (i hope)

Comment

Originally posted by SHERBERT
            Great thanks for that sounds good, before i pull the whole interior out any pointers on where the drain tubes are? and how do i get to them,any help is realy good .Thanks in advance.

Just had a look think os rear drain hole was blocked ,waiting for rain now!!!!!!
            Sorry, been off the forum for a while as no longer enjoying my truck!

Drain pipes are in each corner, whip off the grab handle and sun visor to see each of the front ones, the rears are somewhere behind the 'open position' of the glass roof.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Steadi
              Sorry, been off the forum for a while as no longer enjoying my truck!

Drain pipes are in each corner, whip off the grab handle and sun visor to see each of the front ones, the rears are somewhere behind the 'open position' of the glass roof.

Mike

yes found them all seems well now,looking forward to good old british summer!!

Comment

Working...
              X