Hmmm, wrong size???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm, wrong size???

Hi guys, I've just bought some front anti roll bar bushes from Milners, undid the thing and look what I found......... can i assume that they're the wrong size?

Think I might just leave it off and see how it handles, think also I'll disconnect the back one to get some decent articulation next week!

Does anyone have any experience of taking both anti roll bars off?

Laters....
    Attached Files
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

I've been running with the rear roll bar removed for around 2 years now and the truck handles perfectly well. Having said that it does have uprated suspension. I've got disconnects on the front bar and have run with it disconnected on the road when I've been too lazy to hook it back up after offroading but I don't think I'd want to remove it completely - the truck is definitely less stable even with the stiffer torsion bars and shocks.

By the way, rear articulation is greatly improved by removing the rear bar so as far as I'm concerned it's well worth trying.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
      Hi guys, I've just bought some front anti roll bar bushes from Milners, undid the thing and look what I found......... can i assume that they're the wrong size?

Think I might just leave it off and see how it handles, think also I'll disconnect the back one to get some decent articulation next week!

Laters....
      Yea i have had both mine off for quite a while.
      Not too bad on the road although it does need a little extra respect on windey roads and roundabouts.
      I've cut the bumpstops right down too so that makes it wallow a bit more.
      I find that if you give it due respect and dont take the p**s it's fine.
      Handles a bit like a Discovery but makes quite a difference off road.

I would recomend it for your trip to Drumclog just take it a bit easier on the road up.

P.S. the bush looks fine it'll close up once you've bolted the bracket back on.
      Last edited by Greebo; 23 April 2005, 21:32.
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

yeh the bushing is fine, have had no front bar now for a good while and have got used to the limits, roundabouts are where you find them, she throws as you start to make your exit, really easy to get used to, and u can pass your MOT and NCT (Eire) without them !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorted then, the rear comes off tomorrow! My only concern is that I'll be towing the caravan up to Drumclog next week (are you coming Stevie?), but as you say, I'll give it some respect.
          For normal driving I'll refit it all when I get back as I really like the fact that there's hardly any movement around corners!

Cheers all....

BTW, the knocking noise is still there, and here's I hoping it was them bloomin' bushes!
          Damian

Comment

Jeez, that rear anti roll bar is big!
            Damian

Comment

Damien, there's nothing wrong with those new bushes. I've replaced those bushes on mine (MOT failure) with the Milners kit and as soon as you clamp up the brackets the bush expands round the bar and closes up the gap. Mine handles much better now than before the MOT.
              Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Damian

Laters....
                The front anti roll bar and rear anti roll bar are slightly different diameters (can't remember but I think the front bar is smaller?). Therefore Milners may have supplied you the wrong bush OR have an alternative part which is supposed to fit both sizes? I replaced my front and rear with Roughtrax ones a couple of weeks back and the sizes were clearly different.

Not sure if I could live with disconnected anti roll bar- I noticed straight away how badly the car handled when the bushes were worn (anti roll bar was so loose I could move it back & forth 2" by hand!!).

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
                X