Hilux to land cruiser axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux to land cruiser axle

Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody could help. I looking at putting a land cruiser axle on my ln130. It’s from a Colorado with an axle code A02B. I believe it’s a ratio of 4.3. My hilux has a ratio of 4.88 8” ring and a 4 pinion. Would the ring and pinion be interchangeable so I could fit the correct ratio to the land cruiser axle. The reason I want to swap the axle is so I can have disc brakes and a locker on the rear. Any help would be much appreciated. I’m aware that I need to do some fabrication to make the axle to fit. My only concern is getting the ratio right.

Is it not the land cruiser axle wider than the surf?
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

It is to my knowledge that the J95/J90 Colorado/Prado axles is a direct bolt on to the third generation (98-02) Hilux Surf as I happen to own one with such conversion and Karma Supra's Hilux Surf also has this conversion, but I am not sure whether it fits the LN130 Hilux Surfs if the Colorado axle in question is from a J90/J95 generation one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmargle View Post
        Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody could help. I looking at putting a land cruiser axle on my ln130. It’s from a Colorado with an axle code A02B. I believe it’s a ratio of 4.3. My hilux has a ratio of 4.88 8” ring and a 4 pinion. Would the ring and pinion be interchangeable so I could fit the correct ratio to the land cruiser axle. The reason I want to swap the axle is so I can have disc brakes and a locker on the rear. Any help would be much appreciated. I’m aware that I need to do some fabrication to make the axle to fit. My only concern is getting the ratio right.
        Did you managed to do it? As I'm thinking to do the same, looking for wider rear, locker and disc all at once
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
        X