Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wheel Bearing

Hi everyone,
    Have searched the forum for a guide to doing the front wheel bearings and found Andylala's excellent photo guide. Can anyone tell me what size socket is the actual backing nut on the bearing? I'm pretty sure I don't have one as big as it looks in the picture, but if I know the size I could borrow/buy one for doing the job.
    thanks in advance
    [COLOR=darkred]Eddie The Air-Con Doctor[/COLOR]

Originally posted by aircondoc
    Hi everyone,
    Have searched the forum for a guide to doing the front wheel bearings and found Andylala's excellent photo guide. Can anyone tell me what size socket is the actual backing nut on the bearing? I'm pretty sure I don't have one as big as it looks in the picture, but if I know the size I could borrow/buy one for doing the job.
    thanks in advance
    It's around a 52-54mm or use a box spanner
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

I've got a 54mm.Fits perfectly.

Neville

Comment

Or save ya money and lightly tap with screwdriver and hammer, like the rest have done for tens of years, or go to market stall/bootsale tools merchant and save a packet over industrial suppliers
        Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
          Or save ya money and lightly tap with screwdriver and hammer, like the rest have done for tens of years
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
            Or save ya money and lightly tap with screwdriver and hammer, like the rest have done for tens of years, or go to market stall/bootsale tools merchant and save a packet over industrial suppliers
            how do you check the torque is correct with a screwdriver?
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              NOT TOO TIGHT or tighten then slacken off a tad. 54mm Sockets are not cheap so tap the locknuts round with a screwdriver.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                You put a spring balence on a wheel stud, and measure the effort to turn the hub.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  You put a spring balence on a wheel stud, and measure the effort to turn the hub.

I have one of those for setting up relay contacts. I don't think it is big enough for the job!!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X