Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent... Front Drive Shaft Bushes

Hi

Still chasing a bad front running gear noise, nobody has been able to pin it down so I'm risking having the wheel bearings changed on Tuesday.

Whilst its all apart I would like to change the drive shaft bushes mentioned in several threads....

Trouble is Toyota dont recognise the part numbers on the thread and when I gave then the details on Andy's Jpeg diagram they say those are the knuckles themselves and cost £300 each!

Has anyone out there got the part numbers for a '97 3 litre Gen 3?

Hoping to have both bearings and bushes fitted on Tuesday, parts will arrive on Monday so theres not much time.

Mike

Steadi,

you got a frame number and model number, I'll look it up on the EPC...

andyL

Comment

You can change the bushes later without disturbing the wheel bearings.

Are you sure a 3rd gen is the same as older ones and actually has them?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bushes

Wound up speaking to another bloke in the same Toyota parts department and he found them straight away!

Many thanks for your replies.

Had a bad day, garage phoned and asked me to swap tyres around just in case my noise disappears.

Got stuck in only to find that the wheels have 7 faced security nuts. Sods law there is no key with the truck and I had to get them bodged out in the end.... took all day to sort out so instead of enjoying the sunshine I wound up waiting at national tyres.

One bonus was that I managed to get all of my rusty Lodio Drive (is that Japanese for Rodeo drive) hub caps off and dropped them off for polishing and re Chrome plating.

Good job I never needed to change a tyre in the middle of nowhere

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X