Rear window works on key, not on switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window works on key, not on switch

The rear window has suddenly stopped working on the switch in the cab - still fine with the key in the tailgate.

Could this be something simple like a fuse? (not checked yet, its dark and cold out) - I would have thought if it was then both the key and the switch would be on the same fuse anyway.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Have you checked your window lock switch on the drivers door panel it also locks the rear window (just tried mine)
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

I am SO glad you told me that - I would have been out there testing fuses, pulling apart panels to get at wiring. That is almost certainly what it is - I had it valeted yesterday so they guy has obviously pressed it while cleaning! Phew, thought something had gone wrong.

thanks
      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
        I am SO glad you told me that - I would have been out there testing fuses, pulling apart panels to get at wiring. That is almost certainly what it is - I had it valeted yesterday so they guy has obviously pressed it while cleaning! Phew, thought something had gone wrong.

thanks
        At least you didn't strip down the tailgate first like some folk have!

Nevillef

Comment

So, was it that blasted little switch... or was it something more sinister...?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
            So, was it that blasted little switch... or was it something more sinister...?
            To be honest I have not checked since posting (the surf is not my daily driver) but given the evidence it has to be the window lock switch - it's the only explanation given that someone else has been around the vehicle.
            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Yeah it was that window lock switch - phew!

Also I finally wired in the extra rear-window switch I bought about a year ago so I have a button inside in the back so that when I am sleeping in the back I can get in and out from the rear.

I will post details up on my site soon, it's quite simple once you have spent hours with the circuit tester trying to figure out which wires on the loom to splice into
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
                Also I finally wired in the extra rear-window switch I bought about a year ago so I have a button inside in the back so that when I am sleeping in the back I can get in and out from the rear.
                :
                Thats a cool trick

I have a 2-way rocker switch above the number plate that allows me to raise/lower the window without the key.
                I wired it so that it only works when the wagon is unlocked.
                It saves looking for my keys all the time

Next trick is to permanently power the lecky windows so I dont need the aformentioned keys to put the windows up. I am having limited sucess working out which terminal in the relay block is the go.
                Any clues ??????????????
                Last edited by simono; 20 March 2005, 05:09.
                Simon.O.
                '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by simono
                  I have a 2-way rocker switch above the number plate that allows me to raise/lower the window without the key.
                  I wired it so that it only works when the wagon is unlocked.
                  It saves looking for my keys all the time
                  Thats a good idea, never thought of that.

I Got the details of the interior switch on my site now if anyone is interested in doing the same thing:
                  http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...dow_switch.htm
                  No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
                  X